Vietnamese American Medical Association of Greater Houston Scholarship
The Vietnamese American Medical Association of Greater Houston (VAMA-GH) is a non-profit
organization for physicians of Vietnamese heritage who live and practice in the Greater Houston
area. VAMA-GH is proud to offer scholarships for high school, college and medical students.
The goals of the scholarships are to recognize excellence in scholastic achievement, foster
interests in serving the Vietnamese American community, and encourage participation and
leadership in the Association.
Types of scholarships:
1. VAMA-GH High School Student Scholarship
• Two $1000 scholarships.
2. VAMA-GH College (Pre-medical) Student Scholarship
• Two $1500 scholarship.
3. VAMA-GH Medical Student Scholarship
• One $2000 scholarship.
Criteria for scholarship eligibility:
• Students of Vietnamese descent
• Should have an interest in pursuing medicine
• Students in any academic year with good standing at their respective institution
• Currently attend school in the Greater Houston area.
▪ Greater Houston medical schools include UT-Houston, BCM, SHSU-COM, UHCOM,
UTMB, and Texas A&M
▪ Medical students who attend other Texas institutions not in the Greater Houston
area but graduated from a Greater Houston area high school are eligible to apply